Hours, Admission & Specialty Tours
Public Tour Hours
Tuesday – Sunday – 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Tour Times: 9:30 / 10:30 / 11:30 / 12:30 / 1:30 / 2:30 / 3:30
Last house tour 3:30pm Gates close at 4:00pm
Closed: Mondays, New Year’s Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
Students (ages 6 – 12): $16.00
Children (under age 6): FREE
Bonnet House Members: FREE
Gardens Only: $10.00 (Does not include access to the house)
Tram Tour: $2.00
Public Tour Information
• All house tours are guided and each tour lasts approximately 1 1/2 hours.
• Tram tours of the grounds are also available for an additional $2.
• Public Hours are subject to change due to weather and special events.
• Nature Trail paths and coral rock walkways may be uneven. Please watch your step. Flat shoes with closed heels and toes (such as sneakers) are strongly encouraged.
• Smoking and e-cigarettes are not permitted.
• To protect collection items, large bags, backpacks or tripods are not permitted.
• Do not approach or feed animals or birds. Fire ants and mosquitos may be present and insect repellant is recommended.
• Children under age 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
• Most of Bonnet House is accessible to people with mobility limitations.
• Picnics are welcome on the grounds with paid admission. Please use provided waste receptacles. Beverages & light snacks are available in the Museum Shop.
• A permit from the Museum’s Events Department is required for personal, commercial, engagement, wedding or celebratory photo shoots. Not permitted photo shoots will be asked to leave. No flash photography is permitted in exhibit rooms. Photographs are permitted on the grounds and in the courtyard only.
Orchid Greenhouse Tour
These tours are offered the second Tuesday of each month from 11am – 12pm for $20 per person.
Enjoy a behind the scenes view of one of Evelyn Bartlett’s passions – orchids! Our orchid curator will show you our three grow areas holding approximately 1,500 orchids: the Display House where our flowering orchids are kept, the North Greenhouse and the Lath house where the award winning Vanda collection is housed. A treat for orchid enthusiasts and novices! The tour is limited to 15 to allow for photos and questions. Pre-registration is required. Orchid divisions from the original collection, including the beloved fragrant Vanda Cindy Banks will be available for purchase.
Reservations are Required for Orchid Greenhouse Tours. Please Click Here or call (954) 703-2606 to reserve your space.
Behind the Scenes – Private Living Quarters Tour
These tours are offered the second and fourth Wednesday of each month December – April from 2pm – 3pm for $20 per person.
Visitors will participate in a VIP experience at Bonnet House Museum & Gardens. Take a sneak peek inside normally-closed areas of Evelyn and Frederic Bartlett’s private living quarters. Tours are led by our seasoned Bonnet House docents and will be offered for only $20 per person. Visitors will enjoy rooms not seen on our other tours. The main house tour is not included. If you are interested in viewing the main house, normal admission fees apply.
The tour is offered in groups of 10 to allow for questions and discussion. Limited reservations available, pre-registration required. Please note, the ability to climb stairs is necessary to fully participate in the tour. A video presentation at ground level will accommodate those guests unable to climb stairs.
Reservations are Required for Behind the Scenes Tours. Please Click Here or call (954) 703-2606 to reserve your space.
Spanish Language Tours
Available upon request.
Please call (954) 703-2606 for more information.
Minimum group of 15
$13.00 per person. Reservations required
Click Here to see complete list of Group Tours
No other discounts apply. Please call 954-703-2606 or click here for inquiries.
Bonnet House Museum & Gardens
900 North Birch Road
Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33304
Click here for directions