Built in 1920 and listed on the National Register of Historic Places, Bonnet House Museum & Gardens is one of the few complete homes and studios of two American artists with original furnishings open to the public. Nestled among miles of beachfront development are 35 acres of a native barrier island ecosystem.
Go Digital with the Bonnet House Audio Tour
Enjoy a self-guided tour of the gardens. Visit Bonnethouse.Oncell.com.
• Get more from your visit with self-guided tours of the gardens.
• Get visitor information, including interactive maps, restroom locations, and more.
• Use your Smartphone or Tablet to access. There’s nothing to download, just go to the free mobile-friendly website bonnethouse.oncell.com.
• Bookmark this page for easy access.
• No Smart Phone? Call (954) 372-4146 to take this tour and Enjoy.
- Open year-round. Closed Mondays, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, New Year’s Day, and April 30 & May 1, 2022, for the Fort Lauderdale Air Show.
- Guided tours are in English; self-guided tours are available in English, German, and Spanish via Audio Tour.
- We recommend planning for at least 90 minutes to see the site.
- Trained service animals are welcome on-site! All other animals, including comfort and support animals, are not permitted.
- Wheelchairs are available at no cost, on a first-come, first-served basis.
- ADA accessible with parking located at Bonnet House entrance.
- Visitor parking is always free. Spaces are available for RVs and buses.
- Access to the public Museum Shop is always free.
- To preserve our historic site, smoking and vaping are not permitted.
- Nature Trail paths and coral rock walkways may be uneven. Please watch your step. Flat shoes with closed heels and toes (such as sneakers) are strongly encouraged.
- Golf cart tours of the grounds are currently not available.
- To protect collection items, large bags, backpacks, or tripods are not permitted.
- Please do not approach or feed animals or birds. Insect repellant is recommended.
- Children under age 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Picnics are welcome on the grounds with paid admission. Please use provided waste receptacles. Beverages & light snacks are available in the Museum Shop.
- A permit from the Museum’s Events Department is required for personal, commercial, engagement, wedding, or celebratory photo shoots. Photographs are permitted.
- Bonnet House’s location makes it susceptible to tropical storms and severe weather, particularly in the summer and early fall. The house and grounds may close with limited notice due to dangerous weather conditions or the threat of such conditions.
Bonnet House also has a lovely Museum Gift Shop where we offer a wide variety of unique, and quality collectibles, along with The Little Cafe for a light fare before or after your tour.
Plan Your Visit Today!
Self-Guided Tours Using Your Mobile Device: Tuesday – Friday, 11 am – 3 pm, Saturday & Sunday, 11 am – 4 pm. Tickets can be purchased at the Welcome Center on the day of your visit or by clicking on the link below.
Guided Tours: Tuesday – Friday, 9:30 am – 11:00 am, 10:00 am – 11:30 am & 2:00 pm – 3:30 pm, Saturday, 9:30 am – 11:00 am & 10:00 am – 11:30 am. $25 per person. Limited to 12 visitors. No discounts apply. Pre-registration is required.
Bonnet House is closed Mondays, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, New Year’s Day, and April 30 & May 1, 2022 for the Fort Lauderdale Air Show.
Self Guided Tours
Ages 6 – 17: $8.00 (No other discount applies)
Children (5 and under): FREE
Bonnet House Members: FREE
Broward County Residents with ID: $17.00 (No other discount applies)
Reservations are Not required for self-guided tours
Gardens Only: $10.00 (Does not include access to the house. No other discount applies)
Ages 6-17: $10 (No other discount applies)
Not recommended for children under 6
Reservations are required for guided tours
Be sure to visit the Calendar page to view our special offers
900 N. Birch Road, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304
Please note: Pedestrian entrance on the south side of the property at Breakers Ave. is closed until further notice due to construction. Thank you for your patience as we make improvements to the Estate. Vehicular and Pedestrian entrance on the north side of the property remains open.