Bonnet House is situated on a coral barrier island bounded on the east by the Atlantic Ocean and on the west by the Intracoastal Waterway. This unique land is held today in a substantially similar state as in the 1920s when the house was built.
Bonnet House was the primary location for Will Shriner’s delightful movie “Hoot”, the television series “The Bachelor” and “The Glades” as well as the finish line for season 7 of the reality television program “The Amazing Race”.
We allow the use of Bonnet House for photography and filming as follows:
INDIVIDUAL PHOTOGRAPHY – COURTYARD & GARDENS
$25 per person paid at the Welcome Center
Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday, 11 am – 3 pm only. All visitors must exit by 3 p.m. sharp, with no exceptions.
This includes the following:
- Anyone having a portrait taken at Bonnet House, including those celebrating their Quinceañera, marriage, engagement, proposals, birthday, communion, pregnancy, graduation, or another special occasion.
- A session where a photographer (amateur, student, or professional) has a subject(s) posing for a portrait with Bonnet House as the backdrop.
- Any visit to Bonnet House involving photography, where the main purpose is portrait or occasion photography, rather than a recreational visit to the House and Gardens.
- Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday, 11 am – 3 pm only. All visitors must exit by 3 pm sharp, with no exceptions.
- $25 per person paid at the Welcome Center on the day of your shoot.
- One-hour maximum inside the courtyard.
- Photography is not allowed in the rooms.
- No reservations or permits are required.
- No changing facilities are available. No wardrobe changes are permitted. Suitcases or garment bags are not permitted nor are props of any kind.
- Access may be limited with no advance notice due to Bonnet House tour needs or commercial photography and filming.
- Individual photography may not interfere with Bonnet House’s tours and photographers should anticipate interruptions to shoots.
- For any questions regarding Individual Photography, please contact the Admissions/Welcome Center at (954) 703-2607.