Built in 1920 and listed on the National Register of Historic Places, Bonnet House Museum & Gardens is one of the few complete homes and studios of two American artists with original furnishings open to the public. Nestled among miles of beachfront development are 35 acres of a native barrier island ecosystem.
Bonnet House Offers Self-Guided Audio Tours and Docent-Led Guided Tours
Enjoy a self-guided tour of the house and gardens. Visit bonnethouse.stqry.app/1.
• Get more from your visit with self-guided tours of the house and gardens.
• Get visitor information, including interactive maps, restroom locations, and more.
• Use your Smartphone or Tablet to access. There’s nothing to download, just go to the free mobile-friendly website bonnethouse.stqry.app/1
• Bookmark this page for easy access.
• No Smart Phone? Call (954) 372-4146 to take this tour and Enjoy.
Or enjoy a guided tour with one of our seasoned docents. $30 per person
Guided tours take place:
Tuesday thru Friday: 10:00 am – 11:30 am, and 2:00 pm – 3:30 pm, and Saturday: 10:00 am – 11:30 am
• Click here to learn more and register for one of our guided tours.
For Kids…What’s at Bonnet House for you?
This is a “KidVision Pre-K field trip with Miss Penny” and can also be found on the https://www.kidvisionprek.org/ website with additional educational resources.
- Open year-round. Closed Mondays, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, New Year’s Day, and April 29 & 30, 2023, for the Fort Lauderdale Air Show.
- Guided tours are in English; self-guided tours are available in English, German, and Spanish via Audio Tour.
- We recommend planning for at least 90 minutes to see the site.
- Trained service animals are welcome on-site! All other animals, including comfort and support animals, are not permitted.
- Wheelchairs are available at no cost, on a first-come, first-served basis.
- ADA accessible with parking located at Bonnet House entrance.
- Visitor parking is always free. Spaces are available for RVs and buses.
- Access to the public Museum Shop is always free.
- To preserve our historic site, smoking and vaping are not permitted.
- Nature Trail paths and coral rock walkways may be uneven. Please watch your step. Flat shoes with closed heels and toes (such as sneakers) are strongly encouraged. Shoes & Shirts must be worn at all times.
- To protect collection items, large bags, backpacks, or tripods are not permitted.
- Please do not approach or feed animals or birds. Insect repellant is recommended.
- Children under age 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Picnics are welcome on the grounds with paid admission. Please use provided waste receptacles. Beverages & light snacks are available in the Museum Shop.
- Personal Photo and Video Policy for Exhibit Rooms
Guests are asked to follow these guidelines when taking photos and videos in the Bonnet House exhibit rooms:
• Self-guided tour guests are permitted to take non-flash photographs and brief videos in the exhibit rooms for personal purposes only.
• For the enjoyment of fellow guests, no interviews or voice-overs are allowed for videos. All visitors must respect the privacy of fellow guests.
• Travel vloggers and YouTubers are asked to notify Bonnet House of their visit 24 hours prior to arrival and must comply with any directions from Bonnet House staff that limit time spent in exhibit rooms or the courtyard; standard admission fees apply without the prior approval of the Director of Marketing.
• No videos are permitted on Bonnet House guided tours. Guided tour guests must follow the direction of tour guides in taking photographs. Guides may limit time for photographs subject to the needs of Bonnet House and the enjoyment of fellow guests.
• Click here for more information on individual photography.
- A permit from the Museum’s Events Department is required for commercial photo shoots and filming.
- Blocking of the courtyard hallways is prohibited in order to accommodate a safe, covered pathway for tour guests. Due to the outdoor nature of the estate, Bonnet House cannot be responsible for the weather conditions, such as heat, humidity, cold, and/or rainfall. Refunds or rain checks are not provided for unsatisfactory weather conditions.
- Bonnet House’s location makes it susceptible to tropical storms and severe weather, particularly in the summer and early fall. The house and grounds may close with limited notice due to dangerous weather conditions or the threat of such conditions.
- Firearms, ammunition, knives, and weapons of any kind are prohibited.
Bonnet House also has a lovely Museum Gift Shop where we offer a wide variety of unique, and quality collectibles, along with The Little Cafe for a light fare before or after your tour.
Plan your visit today!
Self-Guided Tours Using Your Mobile Device: Tuesday – Friday, 11 am – 3 pm, Saturday & Sunday, 11 am – 4 pm. Tickets can be purchased at the Welcome Center on the day of your visit or by clicking on the link below. All ticket sales are final and non-refundable. Closed Mondays, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, New Year’s Day, and May 11 & 12, 2024 for the Fort Lauderdale Air Show.
Guided Tours: Tuesday – Friday, 10:00 am – 11:30 am & 2:00 pm – 3:30 pm, Saturday, 10:00 am – 11:30 am. $30 per person. Limited to 12 visitors. No discounts apply. Pre-registration is required. All ticket sales are final, non-changeable, and non-refundable. Closed Mondays, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, New Year’s Day, and May 11 & 12, 2024 for the Fort Lauderdale Air Show.
Bonnet House is closed Mondays, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, New Year’s Day, and May 11 & 12, 2024 for the Fort Lauderdale Air Show.
Self Guided Tours
Ages 6 – 17: $8.00 (No other discount applies)
- Children 5 and under: FREE
- Bonnet House Members: FREE
- Broward County Residents with ID: $22.00 (No other discount applies)
- Reservations are Not required for self-guided tours
- Gardens Only: $10.00 (Does not include access to the house. No other discount applies)
Museums for All: Admission $3 per person for up to four (Must show EBT card and a valid form of photo I.D.) Tickets must be purchased at the Welcome Center on the day of your visit.
Ages 6-17: $10 (No other discount applies)
- Not recommended for children under 6
- Reservations are required for guided tours
Be sure to visit the Calendar page to view our special offers