Welcome to Bonnet House’s 15th Annual International Orchid & Garden Festival. Bonnet House was once the winter residence of Evelyn Fortune Bartlett and her husband, Frederic Clay Bartlett. Both Evelyn and Frederic were artists, and if you opt to visit the Main House, you will see a collection of their paintings. Orchids play an important part in Bonnet House’s history as growing them was a favorite hobby of Evelyn’s. Many of Mrs. Bartlett’s plants are still here at Bonnet House and form the heart of the museum’s collection. That shows that with the right care, these plants can live for many years. You have come to the right spot to learn more about orchids and to find beautiful new specimens to add to your collection. Be sure to visit the Orchid Display House (part of the Shell Museum Complex) to see a sampling of Evelyn’s collection.
- Orchid and Exotic Plants: Featuring over 25 vendors including tropicals, fruit trees, bamboo, butterfly garden plants, and much more. For the first time in 30 years, Bonnet House welcomes orchid vendor Ornamentales Ledezma from Costa Rica.
- Edible Bites: Food vendors throughout the property offering edible bites.
- Bloody Marys, Mimosa, Wine & Beer: Enjoy an invigorating mixture as you wander through the garden.
Live Music – Live music throughout the property.
- Orchid Supplies: Vendors to provide all you need to plant and grow orchids.
- Garden Art: Attractive and unusual orchid and/or garden-related items from several vendors.
- Orchid & Garden Lectures: TBD
- Self-guided tours of the House and Grounds: Stroll through the grounds and house at your leisure and experience the charm and beauty of the Bonnet House estate.
- Rest Areas: Where you can sit and relax in the shade.
- Bonnet House Museum Shop: Near the main house, offers a unique choice of interesting books, jewelry, and an array of gift items.
Admission is $15
(Rain or Shine)
Includes Orchid Festival and Self-Guided Grounds Tour.
Self-Guided House Tours Are An Additional $10.
Children 12 & under are Free. No Discounts or Group Rates Apply.
There will be no guided house tours during the festival weekend. All tickets are non-refundable.
NEW! Tropical Luau Lunch on the Veranda
Saturday, April 6th & Sunday, April 7th | 11 AM– 2 PM
Enjoy a catered lunch by Hugh’s Catering on the beautifully decorated waterfront veranda during the Festival. Lunch tickets include a delectable buffet, Mai tais, wine & beer, live music, and access to the house for a leisurely stroll through the rooms and orchid display house. Tickets also include access to the Festival and orchid & garden care demonstrations. Tropical Luau Lunch on the Veranda Tickets: $100
Free parking – Limited parking is available onsite at 900 N. Birch Rd. Additional parking is available on the east side of the Galleria Mall south of Sunrise Blvd. on NE 26th Ave which is one block west of the Intracoastal bridge. Shuttle service is available to take attendees to and from the Galleria Mall and Bonnet House from 8:30 am – 5:00 pm Saturday and Sunday. Our pedestrian-only south entrance is located at 750 Breakers Avenue off Vista Mar Street and will also be open for attendees.