Bonnet House Museum and Gardens has been called the most beautiful place for a destination wedding in Fort Lauderdale, offering a stunning variety of exquisite settings, each uniquely charming in its own special way. Be it a grand lavish celebration or a close intimate gathering, your guests will enjoy sharing unforgettable moments in this culturally and historically rich venue featuring innovative architecture, original artwork, and lush tropical gardens.
Bonnet House, located in the center of Fort Lauderdale, at 900 North Birch Road, combines the grandeur of the past with modern amenities and a private parking lot, making it a choice destination to accommodate events of any size, but be sure to plan ahead – Bonnet House limits the number of private events, and dates are reserved based on availability when accompanied by your rental deposit. Here are some useful tips on planning your perfect wedding:
- Select a full service caterer. Make sure your caterer can handle not only food and beverage service, but also rentals (tables, chairs and linens), as well as staff for set-up, service and cleanup.
- Consider hiring a planner. Planners are a great asset and can make your wedding at Bonnet House run smoothly.
- Plan in advance. Bonnet House requires a formal walk through with the client, planner and caterer at least one month before your event.
- Be prepared for inclement weather. This might mean selecting a particular time of year for your event or making sure you have arranged for a tent.
- Think about how you want the event to flow. Events can be very fast paced, so provide a timeline to your guests, so they know when to arrive at the venue.
Bonnet House can furnish a list of vendors that are fully licensed and insured and that have worked at the estate before. For additional information visit us online at https://bonnethouse.org/weddings/ or contact David Woodin, Bonnet House Events Manager, at (954) 703-2608 or [email protected].